- Symphony I/O Chassis
- 2x6 Analog I/O, 8x8 Optical I/O, AES I/O
- Direct Connect to Symphony 64 PCIe Card
- Direct Connect to Intel Mac via USB
- Direct Connect to Pro Tools HD/HD-X
- Optional Thunderbolt Connectivity
The Symphony I/O 2x6 fromApogee is a two analog input, six analog output digital audio converter, consisting of the Symphony I/O Chassis and the A2x6 input/output module. The I/O module also features two channels of coaxial S/PDIF input and output, two channels of AES/EBU I/O, and eight channels of ADAT Lightpipe I/O, with support for SMUX higher rate audio.
The Symphony I/O Chassis provides two module slots for a variety of digital audio conversion options with one already being filled with the included module. The front panel of chassis presents the visual feedback needed to monitor levels, sample rate and clock status, along with the controls required to adjust gain and output levels.
The converter has multiple connectivity options that include direct connection to a Symphony 64 PCIe card, a USB equipped Intel Mac, or to Avid's Pro Tools HD and HD-X systems. With the addition of the optional Symphony 64/Thunderbridge interface, the system acquires direct connectivity to any Thunderbolt equipped Mac computer. Additionally, the unit can function standalone.
The analog output requires an optional breakout cables, available in various configurations to suit individual requirements.
- Two input/output module slots (one already filled with the A2x6 module)
- Ethernet connector
- USB 2.0 connector
- Two Symphony PC-32 ports for direct connection to Symphony 64 PCI card and Pro Tools core card
- Wordclock I/O and LoopSync I/O
- Wordclock termination switch
- Sixteen, 10-segment meters
- Two multi-function encoder knobs
- OLED GUI provides function selection and function adjustment and Audio Interface Mode (AIM) selection
- Two 1/4" headphone outputs
- Seven-segment sample rate display
- Clock source display
- Meter source display
- High-performance, temperature controlled fan
- Two balanced inputs on female XLR connectors
- Six balanced outputs on a 25-pin D-sub connector
- Two channels of up to 192 kHz coaxial S/PDIF input and output
- Two channels of AES/EBU input and output
- Eight/four channels of ADAT Lightpipe input and output (44.1-48/88.2-96 kHz)
- Connect microphones via external microphone preamps
- Connect guitars via DI boxes or external mic preamps
- Connect keyboards directly to Symphony I/O
- Ultra low latency conversion