The Bryston 9B SST2 is a modular, 5-channel, single-chassis power amplifier delivering 140 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms. The 9B, however, is unique among SST2 amps - although it also employs modular construction in which each channel is self-contained with audio circuitry, connectors, and an independent power supply, the 9B channel module differs in that it is built on its own removable assembly. This means that not only may any channel be easily swapped in the unlikely event of failure, but also that the 9B may be configured with fewer channels if an application so requires.
Indeed, the 9B SST2 may be ordered in a 3, 4 or 5 channel version. Modular channels are available separately for later expansion.
Bryston 9B SST2 Pro Power Amp Features
- New cosmetics
- New Push on/off power switch
- 140 watts per channel 8 ohms, 200 watts 4 ohms
- Available in 3,4 and 5 Channel
- New SST 2 output devices
- Increased power supply capacitance - 30,000 MFD per channel
- Selectable Balanced or Unbalanced inputs
- Lower noise and distortion
- Two New Independent ultra-low-noise power transformers
- New computer modeled heat-sink design
- Quick connect remote 12 volt trigger
- Selectable gain - 1 Volt or 2 Volt