The beautifully designed Privia digital piano Better than ever in red
The Privia goes even further in pursuit of grand piano sound and touch and boasts the world’s slimmest depth from front to back.* The Privia PX-S1000, with its attractive minimalist design, is now available in red. The sophisticated red color appears to subtly change shades with variations in light, stylishly enhancing your personal space and offering a new piano experience that delights the sensibilities.
Connectivity evokes creativity
The PX-S1000 is equipped with a variety of ports, including a USB to host terminal. The delicate performance expression made possible by the Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR Sound Source can be also enjoyed via connection to a PC, smart device, or other external device. This connectivity, unique to a digital piano, expands the horizons of your piano experience.
Enjoy not only playing, but also listening
The allure of the PX-S1000 goes beyond playing. The high-performance built-in speaker system can be used as a Bluetooth® speaker, allowing you to listen to music stored in a smartphone or tablet and even to apply a “surround” effect to produce a live feeling. When you join in on the PX-S1000, it’s as if you are jamming with your favorite artists and musicians. Enjoy this all new way of playing piano in tandem with a smart device.
Carry around great sound whenever and wherever you want
Because of its size and weight, a grand piano is meant to sit still. But what if you could easily carry the same great sound and keyboard touch anywhere? The PX-S1000 makes this dream come true with its compact body. The PX-S1000 is also battery-operable, and fits in a convenient carrying case (sold separately), making it easy to carry outstanding piano quality wherever you go.
World's Slimmest Digital Piano
Casio has applied its highly compact construction technologies to their utmost limits to achieve the qualities that one expects from a piano that you can enjoy playing by yourself, and has realized an instrument with a slim body that is the slimmest hammer-action digital pianos in the world.
Stylish design, with the world's slimmest body
- Making use of Casio's compact construction technologies, new Privia achieves a significant slimming down in size (with a depth 20% slimmer than Casio's previous model). In addition, the top panel uses touch sensor technology instead of protruding buttons. This creates a clean, simply, stylish design that is easy to use and beautiful to see.
Featuring the Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR sound source for beautiful, rich sounds reminiscent of a grand piano
- Rich and expressive piano sound for natural performance
- In addition to the changes in volume and tone that are dependent on the force used to play the keys, the tone heard throughout sustained notes has been dramatically improved for an even more expressive sound and authentic sound.
- Acoustic Simulator expresses the real sound of a grand piano
- Sympathetic string resonance exposes the harmonic relationships between vibrating strings, while damper resonance simulates the string release when the damper pedal is depressed. You'll even hear mechanical key sounds when playing with an exceptionally light touch or by removing a finger from a key, just like playing a real grand piano.
The newly developed Smart Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard dramatically reduces size without compromising playing feel
- Key Off Response allows fast note repetition
- The note off timing is digitally controlled based on the movement of the keys during release. When hitting the same tone repeatedly, the next note can be produced before the key returns to its topmost position.
- 88-Key Digital Scaling realizes a grand piano-like touch
- The touch of a grand piano varies with the differences in size and weight of the hammers over each of the 88 keys. The new Privia models deliver the feeling of playing a grand piano through a meticulous key-by-key digital simulation of these subtle differences in touch.
- Simulated ebony and ivory keys with optimal fingertip fit for playing ease
- Simulated ebony and ivory keys inhibit finger slippage due to sweat and produce the sensation of a comfortable fingertip fit that lasts even through extended sessions.
- Number of Keys: 88
- Key Action: Smart Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard
- Touch Response: 5 sensitivity levels, off
- 88-Key Digital Scaling: Yes
- Hammer Response: Yes
- Key Off Response: Yes
- Polyphony (Maximum): 192
- Number of Built-in Tones: 18
- Sound Source: Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR
- Layer / Split: Yes
- String Resonance: Yes (4 types, off)
- Damper Resonance: Yes (4 types, off)
- Key Action Noise: Yes (4 types, off)
- Damper Noise: Yes (4 types, off)
- Sound Mode
- Hall Simulator / Reverb: Hall simulator: 4 types
- Surround: 2 types
- Chorus: 4 types
- Brilliance: Yes
- DSP: Yes (Preset for some tones)
- Music Library: 60
- Demonstration-Only Songs: 1
- Song Expansion (User Songs): 10
- Connectivity to Chordana Play for Piano: Yes
- Bluetooth® Audio: Yes
- Lesson Function: Part ON/OFF (Part select: right hand, left hand)
- Recorder: 2 tracks, 1 song
- Duet Mode: Yes
- Octave Shift: ±2
- Metronome: 0 to 9 beats, tempo range: 20 to 255
- Included: Damper (SP-3); optional 3-pedal unit: damper, soft, sostenuto (new SP-34)
- Half Pedal (Damper): Yes (Optional SP-34)
- Scale Tuning (Temperament): Equal temperament + 16 variations
- Operation Lock: Yes
- Others: Touch sensor buttons: 7
- MIDI: Yes
Connectivity and Storage
- PHONES: 2 (Stereo mini)
- Pedals: 2 (Damper, Pedal unit)
- LINE OUT: 2 L/MONO, R (Standard jack)
- AUDIO IN: Yes (Stereo mini)
- USB TO HOST: Yes
- Speakers: 16 cm × 8 cm (Oval) × 2
- Amplifiers: 8W + 8W
- AC Adaptor: AD-A12150LW
- Batteries: Alkaline AA × 6 (Approx. 4 hours)
- Size: 1,322 × 232 × 102 mm
- Weight: 11.2 kg
- Included Accessories: Pedal (SP-3), music stand, AC adaptor (ADA12150LW)