The Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter is the definitive TG limiter, released in honor of Abbey Road Studios' 75th birthday. The brainchild of Chandler Limited designer Wade Goeke, the Zener Limiter is based on the classic EMI circuits used to record The Beatles and Pink Floyd. This latest EMI limiter carries on the tradition of EMI limiters started in 1956 with the RS114 tube limiter, and continued with 1966's RS168 Zener Limiter (a component of the TG12345 console channel in 1968), and the TG12413 in '74. Start with the essence of the classic RS168, add modern functionality, and you have the Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter.
Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter
- Classic compression and limiting, with modern flexibility
- Exercise iron-fisted control over your dynamics
- You get natural compression, scrumptious-sounding limiting - and a blend of the two
Classic compression and limiting, with modern flexibility
The original TG Limiter was designed to replace both the Fairchild 660 and the EMI-modified Altec 436/RS124 - two certified classics, revered for their dynamics-shaping prowess. The Altec unit was known for its natural, organic compression, while the Fairchild - with its fast, sub-millisecond onset and extremely soft-knee compression curve - is perhaps the most lusted-after (and imitated) limiter ever made. The Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter gives you the sonic mojo of these two classics - and goes several steps beyond.
Exercise iron-fisted control over your dynamics
The Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter gives you the power to impose your will on your dynamics. Starting with the powerful vintage TG limiter circuits, Chandler Limited gives you added features and flexibility in the form of controls such as switchable input impedance (for hard or soft driving of the unit), 11-position attack, 21-position release, and side chain filtering, as well as Comp 1, Comp 2, and Limit settings.
You get natural compression, scrumptious-sounding limiting - and a blend of the two
COMP 1 is a 2:1 ratio with slower time constants than originally designed by EMI engineers to emulate the Altec 436/RS124 EMI-modified Altec compressors. Limit mode is much faster and designed to emulate the response curves of the revered classic Fairchild 660. COMP 2 is a new setting that puts you halfway between the two original settings, essentially giving you the compression curve of Comp 1, with the faster release times characteristic of Limit mode. Whether you use it for tracking or mastering, with its sonic pedigree and effective controls, the Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter is a must-have for huge, punchy mixes.
Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter Features:
- Gives you the sonic mojo of two classics: the Fairchild 660 and the Altec 436/RS124
- COMP 1 mode is a 2:1 ratio with slower time constants reminiscent of the Altec 436/RS124
- Limit mode is faster and designed to emulate the response curves of the revered classic Fairchild 660
- COMP 2 is a new setting that puts you halfway between the two original settings
- Note: this unit requires the Chandler Limited Power Supply
Get "Abbey Road" dynamics with Chandler Limited's EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter!
Chandler Limited TG12413 Zener Limiter Tech Specs
- Number of Channels 2
- Controls Input, Output, Comp 1/Comp 2/Limit, Side Chain, Attack, Release
- Side Chain Inserts Control, Yes. I/O, No.
- Inputs 2 x XLR
- Outputs 2 x XLR
- Rack Spaces 3U
- Height 5.25"
- Width 19"
- Manufacturer Part Number TG12413