Focusrite Sound, Powerful Routing
Focusrite's second-generation Scarlett 18i8 USB audio interface delivers mountains of flexibility in a rugged metal unibody chassis. Four vibrant Focusrite mic/instrument preamps are right on the front panel where you need them, while the back panel hosts a slew of extra I/O, up to 18-in and 6-out simultaneously! With four additional line inputs around back, plus eight channels of optical input and two channels of S/PDIF I/O, the Scarlett 18i8 is a perfect foundation for home or project studios that need expandability. Plug in, fire up the bundled software, and you're ready to rock.
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
- Optimized second-generation technology
- Super-low latency for better performances
- Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
- Smart I/O configuration for growing studios
- Powerful signal management
Optimized second-generation technology
The 2nd-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i8's exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, it's been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you've got studio-grade sound for your projects. And Focusrite has evened out the gain structure of the natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, letting you set levels more accurately. The instrument inputs have also been reengineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett 18i8's inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
Super-low latency for better performances
You know you perform better when you've got a great-sounding monitor mix with everything you need to hear to be inspired — for example, reverb and delay on a guitar solo. The Scarlett 18i8's super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time, so you can hear your parts as you envision them and record better performances. At AudioBuy, we know you can't put a price on that.
Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 ships with a killer software bundle headlined by the exclusive Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, which features a 16-track version of the DAW with 12 additional plug-ins, including Eleven Lite guitar amp emulation. You also get Ableton Live Lite, Softube's Time and Tone Bundle, the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, and more. Focusrite has included everything you need to get up and running fast.
Smart I/O configuration for growing studios
The Scarlett 18i8 is a smart interface for most any recording task. Eight channels of analog inputs handle a respectable amount of gear, with optical and S/PDIF connectivity for expandability. Even if you produce your own music solo and only record a track at a time, you can leave more gear connected to your interface with the Scarlett 18i8, with the ability to easily reroute signals anytime.
Powerful signal management
To keep that high channel count under control, Focusrite included their acclaimed MixControl software for ultimate flexibility. Create up to six separate mixes with ultra-low latency, each routable to any of the Scarlett 18i8's outputs. Save your mixes for instant recall later on. Reroute your signal path without having to replug your whole studio. The Scarlett 18i8 was built with flexibility in mind.
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Features
- Compact USB 2.0 audio interface
- Excellent I/O configuration for home and project studios
- Class-leading converters, sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Vanishingly low latency lets you monitor with plug-ins, no DSP required
- Rugged metal unibody construction and great-feeling knobs
- Unique halo gain indicators make it easy for you to check settings at a glance
- A ton of I/O for an interface in this class
- Flexible routing options make it easy to change signal flow without replugging cables
Included software bundle
- Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time and Tone Pack
- Exclusive Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Ableton Live Lite DAW software
- Loopmasters sounds and samples (1GB)
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synth
Focusrite's 2nd-gen Scarlett 18i8: the nucleus of your studio!
- Computer Connectivity USB
- Form Factor Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O 18 x 8
- A/D Resolution 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs 4 x XLR-1/4" combo, 4 x 1/4" (line in)
- Analog Outputs 2 x 1/4" (monitor out), 2 x 1/4" (headphones)
- Digital Inputs 1 x Optical (ADAT)
- Number of Preamps 4
- Phantom Power Yes
- MIDI I/O In/Out
- USB Yes
- OS Requirements - Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- OS Requirements - PC Windows 7 or later
- Power Supply 12V DC power supply
- Manufacturer Part Number Scarlett 18i8