Over an incredible five-decade career, Giorgio Moroder has been nothing less than a beacon of influence in electronic music. Thanks to his pioneering work in the mid-70s with Donna Summer, among others, disco simply wouldn't sound the same. In the ’80s, his blisteringly modern approach to producing the unforgettable soundtracks to movies including Scarface, Top Gun and Flashdance — using the synthesizer as his main instrument — captivated an entire generation of movie fans. More recently, Moroder has shot back into the popular consciousness, thanks to a universally acclaimed collaboration with Daft Punk in 2013, and his 2015 album Déjà Vu, which features Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue and Sia as guest artists.
It’s his fascination with electronic sounds that is at the heart of his collaboration with Novation. Giorgio Moroder is nothing less than a god in the synth world: he’s been responsible with creating some of the most recognisable sounds across numerous genres. The collaboration with Novation came about after Giorgio fell in love with the Novation MiniNova, taking it on tour all over the world. With MoroderNova, Novation and Giorgio Moroder have made a piece of synth history. Not only is it Novation’s first signature model, it’s the first and only synth with Giorgio’s name on it. What's more, there are only 500 of them, each numbered and supplied with a certificate of authenticity.
- Create and edit massive sounds with up to 18 voices and powerful effects from our signature UltraNova synth-engine.
- Tweak your sound in real time with five knobs, or totally warp it using eight animate buttons and oversized pitch and modulation wheels.
- Instantly search through 256 awesome onboard sounds by type or musical genre, and store another 128 of your own patches.
- Add up to five effects to each voice, including distortion, reverb, chorus/phase, delay, compressor, EQ and our very own gator 'stutter' effect.
- Fully edit your synth and effects with editing software and a patch librarian, and store as many sounds as you can fit on your Mac or PC.
- Create robotic and iconic vocals with the VocalTune™ vocoder, or use it to run your instruments through the effects engine.
- Keep your sound fresh by downloading regular free soundpacks created by eminent artists and sound designers.
- Trigger external sound modules and connect larger keyboards, via the MIDI I/O.
- Instantly-rare, the MoroderNova is a signature digital synthesizer which pays homage to Giorgio Moroder, who not only inspired a generation of music lovers, but defined the sound of synth pop and disco, and blazed a trail for electronic innovation in popular music. His influence lives strong today in collaborations with Daft Punk, and his star-studded 2015 album Déjà Vu.
- Branded with Giorgio's 'moustache and shades' insignia, and with a distinctive silver/black colourway, the unit is a stand-out piece of synth heritage.
- The signature sounds identify some of Giorgio's most seminal moments in music. From the timbres of his disco classics with bands such as Sparks and Donna Summer, to the incredible sounds of the Top Gun and Scarface soundtracks, and his recent work with Daft Punk, Novation’s sound designers have matched each and every one to the original. With access to these you'll be able to draw inspiration from the works of one of the most influential producers alive today.
- Limited edition, numbered one of 500 units with certificate of authenticity