Get the extensive analog I/O you want plus the UAD-2 power your music demands with the Universal Audio Apollo 16 Black edition. This revised version of the Apollo 16 sports Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, providing you with an impressive sub-2ms of latency and real-time UAD-2 QUAD core processing. With Universal Audio's Apollo Expanded line and Console 2.0 software, you can comfortably combine up to four Apollo 16s (or other Thunderbolt Apollo models) for up to 64 channels and 16 UAD-2 processors, and still have room to add Thunderbolt UAD-2 Satellites. Find out for yourself why the Apollo lineup is such a hit here at AudioShop - order your Apollo 16 Black today!
Universal Audio Apollo 16 Thunderbolt Audio Interface at a Glance
- UAD-2 DSP delivers dedicated power for amazing plug-ins
- Thunderbolt gives you ultra-low latency and unrivaled bandwidth
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus bundle includes amazing UAD-2 plug-ins
- Grow your system with Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0
UAD-2 DSP delivers dedicated power for amazing plug-ins
Ask anyone at AudioShop, and they'll tell you that Universal Audio's UAD Powered Plug-ins are some of the best-sounding virtual processors ever created. Apollo 16 packs UA's super-powerful UAD-2 processing, which lets you use UAD Powered Plug-ins at below 2ms of latency in real time! That means you can record, mix, and master with some of the best plug-ins in the industry, without requiring any external processing. You can also use the Virtual I/O feature to process virtual instruments and DAW tracks in real time too!
Thunderbolt gives you ultra-low latency and unrivaled bandwidth
You haven't experienced low latency until you've gotten your hands on a Thunderbolt audio interface such as this Apollo 16. But the Apollo 16 doesn't just benefit from the Massive track count and less than 2ms latency ultra-high-speed Thunderbolt 2 connectivity has to offer, it also lets you track and record with extremely processor-intensive plug-in processors, all without experiencing any significant stress on your computer.
Realtime Analog Classics Plus bundle includes amazing UAD-2 plug-ins
You're ready to dive right into the world of UAD-2 plug-ins from the moment you install your Apollo 16's software. That's because Universal Audio includes their impressive Realtime Analog Classics Plus UAD-2 plug-in bundle, which provides you with eight amazing DSP-driven processors. In addition to vintage UA gear, such as 1176 and LA-2A dynamics processors, as well as preamp and EQ models, this bundle comes with hits from Fairchild, Pultec, and more. And when you want other amazing UAD-2 plug-ins, there are dozens of options, from SSL and Neve consoles to Studer tape machines and more all available in the UAD store.
Grow your system with Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0
Thanks to the phenomenal speed of Thunderbolt and the flexibility of Universal Audio's Console 2.0 UAD software, combining Apollo Expanded interfaces to create high-power, high-channel systems that can handle the demands of extremely large recording sessions. Console 2.0 lets you cascade up to six UAD-2 devices, including four Apollo interfaces. Need more inputs? Add another Apollo 16 choose from a selection of compatible Apollo models. Need more DSP? Upgrading your system is as simple as adding on a UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt processor.
Universal Audio Apollo 16 Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features
- 18-in/20-out Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac, with onboard UAD-2 QUAD processing
- Onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP provides realtime UAD processing you can use for recording
- 16 channels of line-level I/O on DB-25 connections provide ample analog I/O
- Front-panel monitoring functions include alt speaker selection, dim, and mono toggling
- Thunderbolt 2 connectivity provides high bandwidth I/O with under 2ms of latency
- Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0 let you cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 total UAD devices
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus UAD plug-in bundle included, featuring 8 amazing plug-in emulations
Grab a Universal Audio Apollo 16 and experience amazing sound, low latency, and jaw-dropping UAD plug-in power!